Turkey, Corn & Sun-Dried Tomato Wraps
Fresh corn kernels, tomatoes and lettuce fill these hearty turkey wraps. This wrap is great for picnics or when you need to have dinner on the run. Add some crumbled feta or shredded Cheddar for another layer of flavor. Serve with carrot sticks, sliced bell pepper or other crunchy vegetables plus your favorite creamy dressing.
- 1cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4cup chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 1tablespoon red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 8thin slices low-sodium deli turkey (about 8 ounces)
- 48-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Combine corn, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Divide turkey among tortillas. Top with equal portions of the corn salad and lettuce. Roll up. Serve the wraps cut in half, if desired.
To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear on its stem end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. To extract the corn “milk” (for sauces, soups or puddings), after cutting the kernels off, press the dull side of the knife down the length of the ear to push out the rest of the corn and its milk. You’ll get about 1 cup fresh kernels from one large ear of corn.
For this recipe, soft sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed) work best. If you can only find dry (and hard) sun-dried tomatoes, soak them in boiling water for about 20 minutes before using.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|