Tuna Salad-Stuffed Tomatoes with Arugula
The tuna in this great-looking stuffed tomato recipe isn’t your typical mayo-based affair. The sherry vinaigrette does double duty: it adds fresh flavor to the tuna filling and also dresses the baby arugula and white bean salad.
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4large tomatoes
- 25-ounce cans chunk light tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1/3cup chopped celery
- 1/4cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- 115-ounce can great northern beans, rinsed
- 8cups baby arugula
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer 3 tablespoons of the dressing to a large bowl and set aside.
- Slice enough off the top of each tomato to remove the core (1/2 to 1 inch). Chop enough of the tops to equal 1/2 cup and add to the medium bowl. Scoop out the tomato pulp using a teaspoon or melon baller. (Discard the pulp or save for another use.)
- Add tuna, celery, onion, olives and thyme to the medium bowl; gently toss to combine. Fill the hollowed tomatoes with the tuna mixture.
- Add beans and arugula to the dressing in the large bowl and toss to combine. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each with a stuffed tomato.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||11g|