Tomato & Green Bean Casserole with Spicy Herb Pesto
No gloppy canned soup in this healthy green bean casserole recipe. Simply give cilantro, parsley or chives (or a mix of all three) a whirl in the food processor to make the pesto-like sauce that ties the casserole together.
- 2pounds green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2cup chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, parsley chives
- 1/2cup salted roasted shelled pistachios, divided
- 1tablespoons chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1small clove garlic
- 3/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Position a rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high.
- Combine herbs, 1/4 cup pistachios, jalapeño to taste, lime juice, garlic, cumin and salt in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping the sides once or twice. With the motor running, add oil and process until well combined.
- Pat the green beans dry and transfer to a 9-by-13-inch broiler-safe pan (or similar size 3-quart baking dish). Add the sauce and tomatoes and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil the casserole until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Chop the remaining 1/4 cup pistachios and sprinkle over the top.
Broiler-safe baking dish
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||8g|