Tomato & Artichoke Gnocchi
Artichoke hearts, olives and a splash of red-wine vinegar give this ultra-quick, healthy vegetarian gnocchi recipe pizzazz. For an additional hit of Mediterranean flavor, try topping with feta cheese.
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 116-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1small onion, sliced
- 1small red bell pepper, diced
- 4large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
- 115-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 114-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 19-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 8pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and oregano; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and artichokes; cook, stirring, until hot, about 3 minutes. Stir in olives, vinegar, pepper and the gnocchi. Sprinkle with oregano, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|