Sheet-Pan Pork & Cherry Tomatoes
Rutabaga is a root vegetable that tastes like a combination of cabbage and turnips. Start roasting it in the oven first while you prep the tomatoes and pork. As the tomatoes cook, they burst and create a delicious sauce to mix with the balsamic vinegar at the end.
- 1pound rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 4cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/4pounds pork tenderloin medallions, 1 inch thick
- 1/2teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2teaspoon dried sage
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss rutabaga with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Toss tomatoes with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in the bowl. Stir into the rutabaga on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle pork with coriander, sage and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place on top of the vegetables. Roast until the pork is cooked and the vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Transfer the pork to a serving platter. Stir vinegar into the vegetables and serve with the pork.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|