Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This dish, with the rich flavor of the walnuts, Dijon and capers, is perfection with roasted meats. It will add a nice lift to your meal.
- 2pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1teaspoon minced anchovies (about 1 1/2 fillets), or more to taste
- 1/4cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut Brussels sprouts into quarters (or sixths, if large). Spread in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add anchovies and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have melted into the oil, 3 to 5 minutes. Add walnuts and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in mustard, capers and vinegar.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and stir to combine with the sauce. Season with more pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|