Quick Pasta Bolognese
Who doesn’t love pasta with a quick meat sauce? This crowd-pleasing healthy spaghetti Bolognese recipe is a boon for busy cooks—it’s ready and on the table in just 40 minutes.
4 servings, 1 cup pasta & about 1 cup sauce each
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- 2medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2medium stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 8ounces whole-wheat rigatoni or penne (about 3 cups)
- 8ounces lean (93% or leaner) ground beef
- 1/3cup dry red wine
- 114-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Add beef to the vegetables and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add wine and cook until almost evaporated, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and nutmeg; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in salt and pepper. Serve the pasta with the sauce.
Refrigerate the sauce (Steps 1 & 3) for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, 1 cup pasta & about 1 cup sauce each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|