Quick Fettuccine Alfredo
In this healthy fettuccine Alfredo recipe, the sauce for this classic pasta dish gets a makeover, using yogurt. Although we like to toss this creamy pasta sauce with fettuccine, any whole-wheat pasta can be used.
- 8ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1clove garlic minced
- 3/4cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved pasta water and remove from heat. Whisk in yogurt, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the fettuccine and combine well. Serve topped with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|