Pressure-Cooker Chicken & Rice (Arroz con Pollo)
Satisfy your Mexican-food craving with this healthy recipe. Just dump all your ingredients into an electric multicooker, such as the Instant Pot, in this easy recipe for flavorful arroz con pollo.
1 1/4 hours
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1cup long-grain brown rice
- 3/4cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1cup frozen green peas
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 4lime wedges for serving
- Heat oil on sauté mode in a multicooker. Add bell pepper, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Stir in chicken, rice, broth and tomato sauce. Close and lock the lid. Cook at high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Release the pressure. Stir in peas, replace the cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream, with a lime wedge.
Electric pressure cooker (multicooker)
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||11g|