Mix-and-Match Baked Chicken Fingers
You can choose between a pretzel, Cheddar cracker, potato or tortilla chip crust for chicken in this fun mix-and-match recipe. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2cups mini pretzel twists or cheddar-flavored crackers or 3 cups potato chips or 4 cups tortilla chips
- 3tablespoons vegetable oil
- Desired dipping sauces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cut chicken lengthwise into strips about 3/4 inch thick. Add chicken to egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- To prepare breading, place pretzels (or crackers or chips) in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out air. Place bag on a cutting board and, using a rolling pin, crush to make coarse crumbs.
- Brush a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with oil; set aside. Place desired breading in a shallow dish. Transfer chicken, a few pieces at a time, to the dish. Roll and press chicken strips to coat all sides with breading. Arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared pan, leaving space between each piece.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning after 5 minutes. If desired, serve with dipping sauces.
Per serving (recipe makes )