Mason Jar Power Salad with Chickpeas & Tuna
This power salad will keep you fueled for hours, thanks to 26 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber. Tossing the dressing and kale, and then letting it stand in the jar, softens it enough so you don't need to massage or cook it to make it tender.
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons Dijon mustard (coarse or smooth)
- 1/2teaspoon honey
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 3cups bite-sized pieces chopped kale
- 12.5-ounce pouch tuna in water
- 1/2cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1medium carrot, shredded
- To prepare the vinaigrette, whisk garlic, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. (Makes 1/2 cup.)
- To assemble the salad, toss kale and 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette in a bowl, then transfer to a 1-quart mason jar. Top with tuna, chickpeas and carrot. Screw lid onto the jar and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- To serve, empty the jar contents into a bowl and toss to combine the salad ingredients with the dressed kale.
Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
1-quart mason jar
Per serving (recipe makes 1 serving)
|Mono Saturated Fat||15g|