Linguine with Creamy White Clam Sauce
Ripe tomato and fresh basil give this quick recipe tons of flavor. Serve this healthy pasta dinner with crusty garlic bread and steamed green beans.
- 8ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 116-ounce container chopped clams (thawed if frozen) or two 10-ounce cans whole baby clams
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1large tomato, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, drain clams, reserving 3/4 cup of the liquid. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the reserved clam liquid, lemon juice and salt; bring to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato and the clams; bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil and cream (or half-and-half). Add the pasta and toss to coat with the sauce. Garnish with more basil, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|