Italian Pesto Chicken Salad
Prepared pesto is the secret ingredient in this lightened-up, healthy creamy chicken salad recipe. For the prettiest dressing, go for a bright-green colored pesto. Serve the salad open-face on toasted bread or scoop it on top of fresh salad greens.
- 1/2cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons minced shallot
- 2tablespoons pesto
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 3cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1cup packed coarsely chopped arugula
- 1/2cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, shallot, pesto, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in chicken, arugula and tomatoes. Top with pine nuts. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|