Honey-Paprika-Glazed Steak & Onions
We love the flavor of grilled onions with the steak in this healthy 5-ingredient recipe (not including oil, salt and pepper) but skewer up any veggies in your fridge—zucchini, cherry tomatoes and eggplant are all good choices. Just adjust the cooking time as necessary. Serve with a baked potato or brown rice pilaf flecked with herbs.
- 2tablespoons honey
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1pounds skirt steak, trimmed
- 2medium red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Microwave honey in a small bowl on High for 10 seconds. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil, paprika, salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Brush on both sides of steak. Thread onion slices onto skewers. Brush the onions with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season with pepper.
- Grill the steak and onions, turning once, 6 to 7 minutes total for medium-rare steak, 12 minutes total for lightly charred and tender onions. Transfer the steak to a clean cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain. Serve with the onions. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
The thin, flavorful cut of meat known as skirt steak comes from the diaphragm (plate) of the animal. For the most tender results, don't cook past medium-rare and cut it across the grain.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||13g|