Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
This chicken Caesar salad wrap recipe is elevated by the irresistible smoky flavor of grilled chicken and grilled romaine. Whisk together this easy Caesar salad dressing, toss with the grilled chicken and romaine and wrap it all together for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total), trimmed
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 2small romaine hearts
- 1/3cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 48- to 9-inch spinach wraps, warmed
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper in a large bowl.
- Oil the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Cut romaine in half lengthwise, leaving root ends intact. Grill the chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Two minutes before the chicken is done, place the romaine on the rack and grill, turning once or twice, until lightly charred and beginning to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes total.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Cut the root ends off the romaine, then chop the leaves. Add the chicken, lettuce and Parmesan to the bowl with the dressing; toss until well combined. Fill each wrap with about 1 1/2 cups of the salad and roll closed.
Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|