Garlic Shrimp with Cilantro Spaghetti Squash
Garlicky shrimp are served on top of buttery, cilantro-flecked spaghetti squash in this quick dinner recipe inspired by shrimp scampi. Pair with a side of sautéed greens, such as kale, collards or spinach.
- 1spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 1pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (16-20 per pound), tails left on if desired
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on High until the flesh is tender, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, place squash halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a 400°F oven until the squash is tender, 40 to 50 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, coriander, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add wine and bring to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into a medium bowl. Add cilantro, butter, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Serve the shrimp over the spaghetti squash with a lemon wedge on the side.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|