Garlic & Herb Pita Chips
You can make your own tasty pita chips in a matter of minutes. Just cut pita bread into wedges (stale pitas work very well), brush them with a little olive oil and bake. Enjoy with spinach dip or hummus.
8 servings, 8 chips each
- 46-inch whole-wheat pitas
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Position oven racks in middle and lower third of oven; preheat to 350°F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut pitas into 8 wedges each and separate each wedge at the fold. Place the pita wedges, rough-side up, in an even layer on the prepared baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
- Bake the pita wedges, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until golden and crispy, 6 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness).
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings, 8 chips each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|