Chile-Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Give ordinary roasted sweet potatoes a big flavor boost with this quick, Asian-inspired seasoning mix.
4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
- 1 1/2pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed (and peeled, if desired), cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- 4teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1tablespoon chile-garlic sauce
- 1tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8teaspoon ground white pepper
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce and white pepper in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Chile-garlic sauce (also labeled chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It will keep for up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
People with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity should use soy sauces that are labeled "gluten-free," as soy sauce may contain wheat or other gluten-containing sweeteners and flavors.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|