Carrot, Snow Pea & Chicken Stir-Fry
This healthy snow pea and chicken stir-fry recipe has a citrusy mojo sauce. Because stir-fries cook up quickly, have all the ingredients prepped and next to the stove before you turn on the heat. Serve over brown rice or soba noodles.
- 1/4cup lime juice
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 1/4cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon oregano
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 3tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil, divided
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3cups 1/2- to 1-inch carrot slices
- 1bunch scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 3cups snow peas, trimmed
- To prepare sauce: Combine lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, olive oil, cornstarch, salt, cumin, oregano and pepper in a small bowl. Place near the stove.
- To prepare stir-fry: Heat a 14-inch flat-bottom carbon-steel wok over high heat. (You’ll know it’s hot enough when a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact.) Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat. Add chicken and stir-fry until just cooked, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate.
- Swirl in another 1 tablespoon oil; add carrots and scallions. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; add garlic and snow peas. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Return the chicken to the wok. Add the reserved sauce and cook, gently stirring, until well coated and hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
Refrigerate the sauce (Step 1) for up to 3 days.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||11g|