Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Quiche
This quiche recipe is full of broccoli, Cheddar cheese and smoky ham surrounded by a crispy hash brown crust. Look for precooked shredded potatoes in the dairy section or in the produce section—or use frozen hash brown potatoes in this easy quiche recipe.
- 16ounces precooked shredded potatoes or frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1 3/4cups liquid egg substitute, or 8 eggs, beaten, divided
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4cup finely diced smoked ham
- 3/4cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4cup minced fresh chives
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- If using hash browns, squeeze any excess moisture from the thawed potatoes. Toss shredded potatoes (or hash browns) with 1/4 cup egg substitute, flour, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Pat the mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Bake until the potatoes are beginning to brown at the edges, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Fill the crust with broccoli, cheese and ham. Whisk the remaining 1 1/2 cups egg substitute (or beaten eggs), sour cream, chives and pepper in a medium bowl. Place the pan on the prepared baking sheet and pour the egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake the quiche until the center is just set, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the sides, remove the pan sides and cut the quiche into wedges.
Prepare crust; cool, wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Let stand at room temperature while you continue with Step 3 and preheat oven.
9-inch springform pan
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|