BLATs (Bacon-Lettuce-Avocado-Tomato Sandwiches)
In this healthy BLT recipe, we use a creamy avocado spread flavored with garlic and basil, and add sprouts. Look for sprouted-wheat bread in the frozen section or with other specialty breads at your grocery store.
- 8slices center-cut bacon, halved
- 1ripe medium avocado
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2teaspoon finely grated or minced garlic
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 8slices sprouted-wheat bread
- 1medium tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 4romaine leaves
- 1cup alfalfa sprouts
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in basil, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper. Toast bread.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture on 4 slices of toast. Top each with 4 pieces of bacon, 2 tomato slices, 1 lettuce leaf, 1/4 cup sprouts and the remaining toast.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||8g|