Vegan Buddha Bowl
This easy grain bowl has so much to love—sweet potatoes, protein-packed chickpeas, creamy avocado and homemade tahini dressing. Make the full recipe on the weekend and pack into individual serving containers for ready-to-go lunches for work all week.
- 1medium sweet potato, peeled if desired, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2tablespoons tahini
- 2tablespoons water
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1small clove garlic, minced
- 2cups cooked quinoa
- 115-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1firm ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss sweet potato with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the tahini dressing, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide quinoa among 4 bowls. Top with equal amounts of sweet potato, chickpeas and avocado. Drizzle with the tahini dressing. Sprinkle with parsley (or cilantro).
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||15g|