Strawberry-Ricotta Waffle Sandwich
Here’s a sweet spin on a breakfast sandwich. Other seasonal fruit, such as blueberries or sliced peaches, would be tasty toppers too.
- 1/4cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh mint or basil
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2frozen whole-grain waffles, toasted
- 2teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine ricotta, mint (or basil) and vanilla in a small bowl. Drizzle each waffle with 1 teaspoon syrup. Top one waffle with the ricotta mixture and strawberries and cover with the other waffle.
Per serving (recipe makes 1 serving)
|Mono Saturated Fat||5g|