Spinach & Warm Mushroom Salad
In this hearty mushroom and spinach salad recipe, sturdier “mature” spinach leaves hold up better than baby spinach when tossed with the warm mushroom-and-bacon vinaigrette.
- 8cups spinach, tough stems removed
- 2cups coarsely chopped radicchio
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2slices bacon, chopped
- 1large shallot, halved and sliced (1/2 cup)
- 3cups sliced mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake, oyster and cremini
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 2tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon honey
- Combine spinach and radicchio in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and shallot and cook, stirring, until the bacon is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar and honey, scraping up any browned bits. Immediately pour the warm vinaigrette over the spinach mixture and toss to coat.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|