Spinach Ravioli with Zucchini Ribbons
For this light vegetarian ravioli recipe, we combine gorgeous long ribbons of zucchini with spinach-and-cheese-stuffed ravioli and a light cream sauce for a satisfying vegetarian pasta dinner.
4 servings, generous 1 cup each
- 2medium zucchini, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1pound fresh or frozen spinach-and-cheese ravioli
- 2cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup half-and-half
- 2teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1large shallot, minced
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- 1/4cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Put a pot of water on to boil. Place sliced zucchini in a large colander and set it in the sink. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Pour the ravioli and cooking liquid over the zucchini in the colander.
- Meanwhile, mash garlic and salt together in a small bowl with a fork to form a coarse paste. Combine half-and-half and flour in another small bowl and place near the stove.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and the garlic paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until almost completely evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add the flour mixture and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 30 seconds. Gently stir in the ravioli and zucchini, basil and pepper. Divide among 4 plates. Top each portion with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
To make zucchini ribbons, thinly shave whole zucchini lengthwise with a vegetable peeler.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, generous 1 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|