Pimiento-Cheese Patty Melt
A healthy pimiento-cheese spread makes an insanely delicious topping for this easy patty melt recipe. To keep the bread-to-burger ratio even (and calories in check), look for a smaller loaf of country bread or cut large slices in half.
- 1/4cup grated onion
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1/2cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons chopped jarred pimientos
- 2tablespoons chopped scallions
- 4slices whole-wheat country bread, toasted
- Combine onion, Worcestershire, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add beef and gently knead together. Do not overmix. Form into 4 burgers, about the same size as the bread you’re using.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high. Combine cheese, mayonnaise, pimientos and scallions in a small bowl.
- Place toast on a baking sheet. Top each piece with a burger and about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Broil until the cheese starts to brown, about 2 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||1g|