Parmesan-Crusted Cod with Tartar Sauce
Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese give this healthy baked fish recipe delectable crunch for a healthy homemade alternative to fish sticks or fried fish. For the best taste, be sure to use olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray to coat the fish. Serve with roasted carrots and steamed green beans.
- 1/2cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4pounds cod, cut into 4 portions
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray
- 1/4cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons finely chopped cornichons or dill pickles
- 1tablespoon minced shallot
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine panko and Parmesan in a shallow dish. Place flour and egg in 2 separate shallow dishes. Sprinkle cod with 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt. Dredge the cod in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off, then coat with the panko mixture. Generously coat the top of each portion with cooking spray.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place the cod, sprayed-side down, on the rack. Coat the second side generously with cooking spray. Bake the fish until golden brown, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, cornichons (or pickles), shallot and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Serve the cod with the tartar sauce and lemon wedges, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|