Carrot Cake Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
Carrot cake for breakfast? Why not! This innovative healthy waffle breakfast-sandwich recipe uses whole-grain frozen waffles instead of bread and has a carrot cake-like filling made with reduced-fat cream cheese, shredded carrot, raisins and walnuts sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. Even better, it’s ready in 5 minutes!
- 2whole-grain frozen waffles
- 2tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2cup shredded carrot
- 2tablespoons raisins
- 1tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Toast waffles. Spread cream cheese on 1 waffle. Top with carrot, raisins and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup. Top with the remaining waffle.
Per serving (recipe makes 1 serving)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|