It’s great to have a quick baked fish recipe for healthy fast dinners. This breadcrumb-crusted cod fits the bill. A creamy spread of Greek yogurt and tarragon keeps the cod moist and flavorful and helps keep the crispy breadcrumb topping in place. We like the delicate flavor of cod in this recipe, but any firm fish fillet can be used in its place.
4 servings, 3-4 oz. each
- 1/2cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1pounds cod, tuna, wild salmon or mahi-mahi, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions
- 4lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon and salt in another small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce on each piece of fish, then pat 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs over it.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center and breadcrumbs are golden, about 15 minutes. Serve each portion with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sauce and a lemon wedge, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, 3-4 oz. each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|