Balsamic-Glazed Beets with Pecans
The gorgeous colors of yellow and Chioggia beets shine in this recipe thanks to a white vinegar in the glaze. If you’re using red beets, regular balsamic vinegar is also a good option. Serve with grilled steak or roasted salmon fillets.
- 4cups peeled beet wedges (1 inch thick; about 3 medium beets)
- 3tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon water
- 1tablespoon butter
- 2teaspoons sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 3tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
- Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add beets, cover and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine vinegar, water, butter, sugar, salt and pepper in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture starts to bubble. Add the beets and cook, stirring often, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the beets are glazed, 2 to 5 minutes. Top with pecans.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|