Avocado Toast with Egg, Spinach & Salsa
In this satisfying avocado-egg toast recipe, try full-flavored, high-fiber bread, like a hearty slice of German-style rye or seeded multigrain from your favorite bakery. To turn this into a portable breakfast, swap the toast for a whole-wheat English muffin or wrap.
- 1/2small avocado, mashed
- 1slice whole-grain bread, toasted
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 1teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 2cups baby spinach
- 1large egg
- 1tablespoon salsa
- Spread avocado on toast; season with pepper.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, 30 to 60 seconds. Top the avocado toast with the spinach.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in the pan. Crack egg into the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 to 7 minutes for a soft-set yolk. Top the toast with the egg and salsa.
Per serving (recipe makes 1 serving)
|Mono Saturated Fat||15g|