Frequently Asked Questions
The most exciting part of shopping at Grocery Outlet is finding that amazing deal — the one that makes you saw “WOW!” To serve you these “WOW” deals in real-time, we created WOW Alerts, an email program that pulls the best, top-selling, unadvertised deals from your local store and sends them straight to your inbox. Read more.
To sign up to receive WOW Alerts, please visit our Preference Center.
You can change your preferences in our Preference Center: Preference Center
Please check your information to make sure it’s correct, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page to change which stores you’d like to see Ads and WOW Alerts from.
You can actually receive the deals daily or weekly on any day you choose by simply logging in with your email address at Preference Center. Once you’re logged in, just scroll down to WOW Alerts and you can change your preference.
The stores are independently owned and operated and all hiring is done by the owners. Please visit our Jobs Page to apply to your local store: Work in a Store
Each store is independently operated and hiring is handled directly by the owners. Please feel free to contact the store directly with any questions. Visit Store Locator for store contact information.
Over the years many enthusiasts have shared tips on how to make the most of being a Grocery Outlet Bargain Market shopper, and we want to share them here with you:
- Stop by often. Our inventory changes constantly. Find out when your store receives product and plan a trip on those days.
- When you find something you like, stock up. Many of our bargains are a one-time deal.
- Sign up for email from us, and follow us on Social Media. Sometimes we have special deals or in-store sales events, when the savings get really crazy. We always notify our email and social networking friends first when we do this. You can find us here: Sign up for Email, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
- Look for what you’re not looking for. Using a list is helpful for staying on budget, but many expert shoppers tell us they get some of their best deals by staying flexible and ready to act when they see a great bargain.
Grocery Outlet does not accept manufacturer coupons. Our business model and relationships with top name brands allow us to buy products at an extreme discount off regular wholesale cost netting out all allowances, marketing funds (which include coupon redemption) and other expenses normally built into the cost.
This allows us to negotiate the absolute lowest cost and pass those savings directly to our customers by offering deep discounts every day. Many of our products are priced less than you would pay elsewhere with a coupon.
You can sign up to receive Grocery Outlet ads, and information about special buys, wine tastings, store events and Grocery Outlet sponsored coupons via email. Click here to visit our sign-up page: Sign up for Email
The local Grocery Outlet Store Owners are involved in their local communities and giving back is important to them. Please contact the owner of your local Grocery Outlet store to make your request for local sponsorships and donations: Store Locator
You can contact our PR Firm:
Grocery Outlet Media Bureau
We send a print circular ad 1-2 times per month to customers close to our local stores. The best way to get all of our ads and stay up-to-date on our latest deals is by email. Every time we have an ad, our email subscribers get it sent straight to their inbox. And you also have a chance to sign up for WOW Alerts, a daily or weekly email of our hottest, unadvertised deals. Are you signed up? If not, you can sign up here: Sign up for Email
Each store is independently operated and customer service feedback is handled directly by the owners. Please feel free to contact the store directly. For the contact information of the local store ownership please visit our: Store Locator
The most exciting part of shopping at Grocery Outlet is finding that amazing deal — the one that makes you saw “WOW!” To serve you these “WOW” deals in real-time, we created WOW Alerts, an email program that pulls the best, top-selling, unadvertised deals from your local store and sends them straight to your inbox.
- Have a high savings. To qualify for WOW Alerts, products must be a killer deal. For most departments, that means a savings of 50% or higher off the original retail price elsewhere.
- Be a top-seller in their department. Wow Alert items are the top-sellers from the previous day. Customers “vote” with their dollars, and we send you their favorites. So, WOW Alert items are not particularly items that we are promoting – they are being selected by your fellow customers.
- Have enough inventory. WOW Alert items will have enough inventory, so you’ll have time to get to the store before they run out – but be sure to act fast! These are hot, top-selling items, we can’t guarantee how long they’ll last!
Due to the nature of how we source product, we advertise 1-2 times per month in print to highlight our everyday low prices. When we put items on an ad, we select the deals that are universal to all our stores and that we have enough quantity to support.
With WOW Alerts, you’re getting new, exciting items delivered straight to your inbox! We know that a lot of our customers wish they could be notified about our hottest, unadvertised deals before they sell out – and we’ve solved that request with WOW Alerts.
Through our Preference Center. Just opt-in next to the WOW Alerts toggle: Preference Center
Be sure to set your store preference when you sign up. WOW Alerts are store-specific, so without a store preference set, we can’t send you WOW Alerts. You can also set your frequency and content preferences.