These delicious recipes from the Grocery Outlet Buyer’s Kitchen are created by our NOSH buyers. They work hard to scout out the highest quality and most varied selection of NOSH products at the best prices possible! As they find tasty NOSH items, they develop these recipes to share with you. Enjoy!
Sautéed Shrimp with Avocado Salsa & Quinoa
Recipe Serves 4-6
- Nuco Coconut Oil $5.99
- Organic Quinoa $4.49
- Pacific Vegetable Broth $1.49 (optional)
- White Wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay)—just a splash
- Bagged Frozen Shrimp- 1 bag
- Avocado- 4 small
- Red Onion- 1 large
- Green Onion- 1 bunch
- Cilantro- 1 bunch
- Limes- 3
- Defrost shrimp in a colander under cool water moving occasionally until shrimp are thawed. Peel shrimp, leaving the tail on and place on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Prepare the Avocado Salsa: Dice avocado into medium sized cubes. Thinly slice 1/2 of the red onion. Dice the other half into small cubes (set aside for the sauté). Chop the green onion and cilantro. Use 1/2 the amount of each (cilantro and green onion) and add to the bowl. Gently mix avocado, onion, and cilantro mixture. Squeeze 1 1/2 limes over the salsa. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the Quinoa: Refer to directions on back of the package, ** substitute broth for water to enhance flavor. Use water to cut costs. Heat 2 cups vegetable broth in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add 1 1/2 – 2 cups quinoa. Stir and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until grains are tender.
- Sauté the Shrimp: In a large skillet, heat 2- 3 tbsp coconut oil on medium high heat ** can substitute olive or vegetable oil. Add the diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add the shrimp and a large splash of white wine. Cook shrimp turning until they are pink and cooked through. Add cilantro and green onion and stir. Turn off the heat and squeeze 1 1/2 limes over the shrimp.
- Plate the Dish: Place 1 large scoop of quinoa on the bottom top with shrimp and scoop the avocado salsa atop. Garnish with extra lime juice and cilantro! Enjoy!