These delicious recipes from the Grocery Outlet Buyer’s Kitchen are created by our NOSH buyers. They work hard to scout out the highest quality and most varied selection of NOSH products at the best prices possible! As they find tasty NOSH items, they develop these recipes to share with you. Enjoy!
ASIAN STYLE PORK RIBS W/JASMINE RICE & SAUTEED GREEN BEANS W/ TAHINI & GARLIC
“Tahini may be one of my new found favorite things to cook with. This spread is a staple in Middle Eastern Cuisine and is packed full of rich sesame flavor! All you need is a little scoop and you’re set.”
– Kate Swisher, Grocery Outlet NOSH Buyer
INGREDIENTS FOR RIBS & RICE:
1 package GO Boneless Pork Ribs
1 bunch Green Onion
1/2 lemon juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame tahini
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp sriracha OR sweet and sour marinade (I found a good deal on the one in the photo at the store)
1 1/2 cup jasmine rice
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp ghee or butter (optional; can substitute coconut oil or leave out)
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN BEANS ** garnish with sliced almonds or sesame seeds
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 bag fresh green beans
2-3 tbsp coconut/ olive oil
1/2 lemon juice
1 tbsp sesame tahini
1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make the Rice. Substitute chicken broth for water for a richer flavor. Add 1 tbsp Ghee or butter to broth. Follow cooking instructions on the back of the rice bag. Once rice is fully cooked turn off heat, keep covered and add chopped green onion.
- Season each side of the ribs with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop the green onion. Mince the garlic and set aside.
- Make the sauce: Add juice of 1/2 of the lemon, vinegar, tahini, sririacha or sweet & sour sauce and 1 tbsp garlic. Mix until incorporated.
- Heat a large cast iron on high. Spray with cooking spray or use oil to coat the pan. Sear each rib on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the ribs and place into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature reads 160 degrees. Once cooked garnish with green onion.
- While the Pork bakes, sauté the green beans. Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet. Add the green beans and sauté for about 5 minutes until partially tender. Add the garlic and 1 tbsp tahini. Blend to incorporate so all beans are coated in the tahini. Continue to sauté until beans are tender, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with sesame oil and sliced almonds or sesame seeds (optional)
- Serve & Enjoy!