Frittatas are a wonderful breakfast treat that you can make ahead of time and bake or reheat. In this recipe we are using pre-made pie crust, pre-chopped produce, and shredded cheese to save time!
- 4 pre made pie crusts (thawed and at room temperature) – Pillsbury Pie Crust, 2 ct. Our price: $1.49, Elsewhere: $4.19
- 2 cartons 16 oz. Egg Beaters (can substitute egg whites) – Egg Beaters, 16 oz. Our price: $0.99, Elsewhere: $3.89
- 1 bag sliced mushrooms – Baby Portabella Mushrooms, 8 oz. Our price: $1.99, Elsewhere: $2.99
- 1 large yellow onion chopped – Yellow Onion, 3 lbs. Our price: $0.99, Elsewhere: $1.99
- 1 red bell pepper chopped – Red Bell Peppers, Our price: 2 / $3, Elsewhere: $1.79
- 1 bag shredded pepper jack cheese – Monterey Farms Pepper Jack, 2 lbs. Our price: $5.99, Elsewhere: $9.99
- 1 large can fire roasted diced green chilies – Del Monte Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles, 14.5 oz. Our price: $0.99, Elsewhere: $1.99
- 1 ball smoked mozzarella – Mozzarella, 1 lb. Our price: $4.99, Elsewhere: $6.39
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the smoked mozzarella into bite sized cubes and chop all produce if not using pre-chopped and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray or grease a pie pan and place the pie crust into the dish. You will be using both rounds on the bottom in order to create a high crust for the egg mixture. Make sure the wall of the pie pan sits about 1/2 in up from the top.
- In a large frying pan heat 2 tbsps. olive oil. Add the onions and sauté until translucent about 3 minutes. Next add the peppers and mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add in the diced green chilies and stir.
- Pour the Eggbeaters into the pie pan and add the vegetable mixture atop. Stir gently to blend. Add in the cubed mozzarella and 1/2 the shredded pepper jack. Use the remaining pepper jack to top the frittata
- Cover with foil and bake covered for about an hour until eggs are completely cooked through. Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes until the top is golden and crispy. Serve & enjoy!