#BARGAINBLISS INSTAGRAM SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS CALIFORNIA, NEVADA, OREGON, WASHINGTON, IDAHO, AND PENNSYLVANIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The #BargainBliss Instagram Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Grocery Outlet, 5650 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (“Sponsor”) and is administered by Farlow Media, 300 S Hulen St Ste 124 Box 320, Fort Worth, TW 76109 (“Administrator”).
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on March 19, 2019, at 7:00 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on May 3, 2019, at 11:59:59 P.M. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists seven (7) entry periods (individually “Entry Period,” collectively, “Entry Periods”) as set forth in the chart below.
|Entry Period||Start Date (at 12:00 A.M. PT*) *except Entry Period 1 which starts at 7:00 AM PT||End Date
(at 11:59:59 P.M. PT)
(on or about)
|1||March 19, 2019||March 23, 2019||March 29, 2019|
|2||March 24, 2019||March 30, 2019||April 5, 2019|
|3||March 31, 2019||April 6, 2019||April 12, 2019|
|4||April 7, 2019||April 13, 2019||April 19, 2019|
|5||April 14, 2019||April 20, 2019||April 26, 2019|
|6||April 21, 2019||April 27, 2019||May 3, 2019|
|7||April 28, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 10, 2019|
Administrator’s computer is the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Pennsylvania who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Sweepstakes agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, an entrant must log on to his or her Instagram account (or create an account if he or she does not already have one at www.Instagram.com), follow the @grocery_outlet Instagram account at https://www.instagram.com/grocery_outlet and post a photo or video of how you celebrate with Grocery Outlet including the hashtags #BargainBliss and #sweepstakes to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry” and collectively “Entries”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant understands that he or she is providing his or her information to Sponsor and not Instagram. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or in any way administered by, or associated with Instagram. Further, entrant specifically agrees to release Instagram from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes.
Message and data rates may apply to Entries submitted via mobile device. Please check with your mobile carrier for more information.
Entry Limit: One (1) Entry per day, per person/account for a maximum of forty-six (46) Entries for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Each Entry must be a materially different photograph or video (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), duplicate photographs or videos from the same person/account will be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as each calendar day starting at 12:00:00 AM PT and ending at 11:59:59 PM PT. Entrants attempting to use multiple Instagram accounts will be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries received from any individual in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant consents to receive from the Sponsor’s designated representative a notification message and/or email notifying such entrant if he or she is a potential prize winner. Entries posted by a private Instagram account will not be recognized or eligible to win.
Entries may not contain, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, any content that:
• Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; obscene or offensive;
• Promotes irresponsible or excessive consumption of alcohol; promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons or any particular political agenda or message;
• Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
• Contains trademarks, trade names or copyrighted materials owned by others, except those owned by Sponsor for which Sponsor has provided entrant a limited license to use as it relates to the Sweepstakes;
• Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names (other than just first name), email or street addresses;
• Communicates messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
• Violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any other person or company.
NOTE: Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any Entry deemed inappropriate in nature as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. An Entry may be deemed inappropriate for reasons beyond the examples provided above.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random drawings will be conducted by Administrators based upon the dates set forth above whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for that corresponding random drawing. Entries eligible for a previous random drawing and not selected as a winner will not be rolled over into subsequent random drawings. Limit one (1) prize per person.
5. PRIZES, ODDS OF WINNING AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): EIGHT (8) PRIZES: There will be seven (7) weekly Prizes, each consisting of one (1) Fifty Dollars ($50) Grocery Outlet Gift Card (ARV: $50.00 each). All entries received between March 19, 2019 and May 3, 2019 will also receive one entry in a drawing for ‘Free Groceries for a Year’. ‘Free Groceries for a Year’ consists of Grocery Outlet gift cards totaling $1,200. The winner of ‘Free Groceries for a Year’ will be notified on or about May 14, 2019. All winners but must claim prize within 3 days of notification or another winner will be chosen. Use of Grocery Outlet gift card is subject to all terms and conditions available on the back of the gift card. Sponsor will not replace gift cards that are lost, stolen, defaced or used without permission. Prizes are nontransferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or component thereof, for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Prize Limit: Limit one (1) Prize per person/account.
Total ARV of all prizes: $1600.00
6. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Potential winners will be notified based upon the dates set forth in the table above by Sponsor’s designee, who will send a private message to his or her Instagram account with further instructions on how to claim the prize. If a potential winner does not respond to the winner notification message in his or her Instagram inbox within the time period stated in the notification message, such potential winner’s prize may be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
Each potential winner will also be required to respond to an email notification within the time period stated in the winner notification email with the information requested, which may include, but is not limited to, his or her mailing address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted). If the potential winner fails or refuses to provide the information requested by the date stated in the prize notification email, the potential winner may be disqualified. In the event that an email notification or any other winner notification is returned as undeliverable, or if there is no response to an email notification or any other winner notification is not received within the stated time period, or if a potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, he or she may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified, and the prize he or she may have been entitled to will be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited for any reason, an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from all remaining non-winning entries received during the appropriate Entry Period. Approximately 4 to 6 weeks after all winners have been confirmed, an agent of Sponsor will send each potential winner his or her prize to the address the respective winner provided when responding to the winner notification email.
8. TAXES: Sponsor makes no representations about the tax consequences of being selected the winner and receiving a Prize. No part of the Prize or it’s equivalent cash value will be subject to withholding by Sponsor for the payment of any taxes. Sponsor will report amounts received by an entrant who is randomly chosen to be a winner and receives a Prize by filing Form 1099 MISC with the Internal Revenue Service as required by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that they will be solely responsible for paying any taxes due as a result of receiving any Prize.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the failure to capture or loss of any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the website or any Sweepstakes-related website(s).
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, including any injury that arises as a result of receipt, use, or conversion of a Prize into groceries or other goods; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party trademark, license, privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (e) any change in prizes (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action[s], regulation[s], order[s] or request[s] prove[s] to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Entry; (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of a website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant; (j) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; and (k) any liability for taxes as a result of receiving a Prize.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including any prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Alameda County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims shall be a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
12. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with Instagram account used to submit an Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion.
13. WINNERS LIST: To obtain information about the winners, interested individuals should place a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope in an envelope and mail it to: #BargainBliss Instagram 2019 Sweepstakes – Winners List Request, 5650 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608. Winners list requests must be received by June 1, 2019.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.