Grocery Outlet's greatest passion is to save you money. Something else we like to do, however, is help save our planet. In a previous post, we counted the ways that Grocery Outlet HQ has become more eco-friendly
. In honor of Earth Day, which is coming up April 22nd, we'd like to focus on how we've taken on sustainability, environmental responsibility and cost-saving measures in our stores.
1. In our newest stores, we meet the EPA 2012 standards for energy efficiency in all installed appliances.
2. We have state-of-the-art hand dryers in our newer stores' restrooms to cut down on paper waste.
3. When we remodel older stores, we will be implementing these measures there too, and swapping out older, less efficient appliances with energy efficient appliances.
4. Swapping out older bulbs for CFLs and LEDs where we can.
5. Splitting distribution loads, which cuts down on gas consumption. This saves fossil fuels and maximizes efficiency.
6. We recycle glass, metal, plastics and paper.
7. We sell eco-friendly bags made out of recycled materials to bag your groceries. We give them away for free at grand openings for new stores.
8. We source as many eco-friendly and organic products we can, all at tremendous savings.
We want to help save the earth—and your wallet.
Tell us: what eco-friendly products have you found at Grocery Outlet? What would you like to see more of?